Friday, March 11, 2011

Day 2 and 3

Didn't get much sleep and the dr. came in at 6 to check on me.  Around 10 they took me down to do my swallow test.  I was so thirsty that the nasty drink they gave me wasn't half bad.  I passed the test and was able to have ice chips and water after that.  They also removed my catheter and told me walk the halls as much as possible and to sit up in the chair not lay in the bed.

I had difficulty walking.  I had to use a walker and couldn't stand up straight.  My legs were also very very shakey.

They also had me use the breathing thing where you suck air to help me clear my lungs.  They had me on O2 still also.

They were supposed to bring me something to eat at 3, but it was after 4 before they did.  Dinner was sugar free jello and chicken broth.

I was supposed to go home that night, but when I did some more walking I started having trouble breathing again.  They called the dr. and he kept me one more night.

The next day I did some more walking.  I was in a lot of pain, but it was manageable.  I was really tired.  Around noon they released me.  The ride home wasn't too terrible.

When I go home I had a surprise waiting.  Brian had bought me a new recliner.  My old one's frame was breaking and he was worried about me getting up and down in it.

It was good to be home, but I was so weak and tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment